Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Last thought (that I'll share) for today...

I say this since this is the 3rd post for this morning....


Why do we feel that we need to show a 'perfect' front to those around us?  Someone asks us how we feel, and we automatically say "Fine.  Great.  Wonderful...".  


Someone asks how things are going and we say, "Fine. Great. Wonderful...".


Why are we so afraid to show who we really are?  What we're really going through?  


I've recently learned that some friends are going through some rough times.  Not because when I asked the questions above they told me, but out of the blue I learn that a friend is on the verge of divorce, and an other's home is going in to foreclosure.


It makes me sad that Satan has put in our minds that we need to keep the mess to ourselves, when God tells us to reach out to one another to ask for prayer, advice, or just an ear to listen.  Why does Satan always win?  


I'm not saying I'm perfect in these areas (or any other for that matter).  But one thing that has really been working inside me for the past year or so is transparency.  Telling others you aren't OK, that you are a mess, that things aren't as well as you'd like them to be is OK.  It's more than OK, it's what we need to do to have others help us carry the loads of our burdens.  


I know there are many out there that ask, "How are you today?" and they don't intend to listen.  I want you all to know that, when I ask these questions, not only do I have every intention to listen, but I have every intention to share in your joy or pain.  I will pray for you and with you.  Remember that I've gone through hurt, divorce, loss, disappointment and all the pains life has to offer, just like everyone else.  God has pulled me through each instance, and will continue to do so because He's that good :)  


I love people.  and I love YOU people that Tyler and I share our lives with.  Whether I know you or not.  


OH...and if I don't ask, it's still OK to share with me.  


Praying that each of you that reads this feels joy and comfort in coming across this, and that you will share with someone what is weighing your heart down.  Community guys, that's how we're intended to live life.  


OH - ( i guess these are like PS's:))...Satan does NOT always win.  We may give in to his lies at times, but we know the ending, and it is Satan that is defeated.  

  1. “… that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” (Hebrews 2:14)
     
  2. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13)
     
  3. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.” (Colossians 2:15)
     
  4. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
     
  5. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.” (Revelation 12:11)
     
  6. “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a servant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

    Therefore God has also highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth, and those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:5-11)

2 comments:

ASHENFELTERS said...

I love this. Yay for REALNESS. And I love you..all 3!

Cathy/Nani said...

I agree. Sometimes it is hard to be totally REAL with the people you are closest to. Sigh. I am not good at that.
But.... it is the thing that makes us closer to each other.