Thursday, July 14, 2011

Jealousy...ew...

How easy is it to become jealous?  Super, right?  There are a few words I've tried to eliminate from my vocabulary, by weighing their value by what they mean.  To be jealous of someone or something is a lot more than just saying it in passing.  If I'm feeling like the words are going to come out of my mouth, I'll stop and say to myself, "Self...am I truly jealous? Am I placing this person or item on too high of a pedestal? In doing so, am I placing this person or item above you?"

Usually I realize that I don't feel THAT strongly about whatever it is, and there you have it, I choose a different word to describe my feeling (and have a little 'how do you really feel about this' moment at the same time).

So there's a little ramble from me today:)  It comes from the blog post on Lysa TerKeurst's site.

Click here to read the post.

Enjoy :)  Have a great weekend if I don't get a chance to post before then.

No comments: