Thursday, January 12, 2012

Exhaling...

Hello!  I know some of you are looking for pics from our trip, and they are coming!  It's taken me a bit to get them all uploaded.  Next step is to begin to insert them in to the post, and getting them all organized in posts.  So I will not bombard you with a million pics.  That would actually cause me to be silent for a while then because I don't think we've taken any pics since we've been back :0

There has been so much going on in me and I've been, of course, wanting to share each part of it.  This morning I have a little extra time (I think;0) before Emma wakes up, so thought I'd hop on in hopes to get this thought out!

The Lord has just been so 'loud and clear' to me lately, and I love it.  So much affirmation and confirmation that I didn't realize I was in need of.  So much so, that I pray I do not jump around too much and ramble and just focus on this am's powerful words!

The devotional I'm reading is The Message//Remix: Solo.  It has a daily 'expanded passage' to assist in putting the verses in context, and I read them out of my NIV.  Today's EP: Isaiah 48-50, and verses focused on were 49:13-18 (in case you'd like to read for yourself;0).

Of that passage, it focused on being forgotten - thinking back to times when you were intentionally  or unintentionally (like when you were little and your mom was caught up shopping at the mall) forgotten.  Man did it bring a ton of thoughts to my mind of times I've recently felt forgotten...and by 'recently', I am referring to the past few years of life.

  • before children: when friends were having kids and invites/calls/emails/time together went a way
  • leaving work: waiting to get calls/texts/emails from 'friends' and co-workers.  hoping to just hear them say they were thinking of me
  • reaching out: 'trying' to get together with friends, but it never working out, no responses from texts/emails/calls

(see...this girl has a ton she's trying to work out!)

Intentional or unintentional?  Who knows.  I am such an over-processer.  I've spent so much time pondering each and have yet to come up with any answers (duh, did I really think I could figure it out?!).  The Lord has been giving me opportunities lately to show me more about myself through these types of things.  This morning, He just gave me so much peace and wrapped it all up for me with this devo.  The Lord will never forget us.
"Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands."
Isaiah 49:16

He loves us more than any love we can seek from any human being on this earth.  And why shouldn't he?  He created us.  He knew every fiber about us before we were conceived.  He has chosen us and labeled us as His children.  He has glorious plans for us, as we walk as His disciples on this earth; better than we could have ever possibly fathomed for ourselves.  He's with us no matter where we are.  And my current go to verse:

When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.
When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down
When you’re between a rock and a hard place
it won’t be a dead end –
Because I am God, your personal God
            Isaiah 43:2,3 (MSG)


I have had the opportunity to catch up with friends and family lately that are in my same boats of things we are going through. Thought that, if this was such an encouragement to me this morning, it just may make someone else smile too...and relax in the loving arms of the Lord ;0

1 comment:

ASHENFELTERS said...

i love you, my sweet hearted sister.
Got your box today.
Cassie LOVED everything!!!
And thank you for your sweet card...your'e such an encouragement to me. MUCHO LOVE. :)