Thursday, November 3, 2011

Recipe x 3

Cooking has not been my excitement over the past few months here.  However, in planning my meals each week, the Lord has very generously guided me to super quick and yummy recipes...and sometimes pretty healthy too!!

In chatting with ladies recently, I've heard of people running out of time or ideas with cooking, so I thought I would share a few recipes real quick.

A few weeks back, we had dinner guests over.  Sadly, I was so NOT driven to cook!!  I searched all over the internet and 1. found this site!  Moms Who Think.  They've got a ton of great stuff throughout that site!  The recipe that grabbed my attention for simplicity was:


BAKED PESTO CHICKEN
ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH HERBS
FRENCH BREAD


4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup basil pesto
2 plum tomatoes
shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover cookie sheet with foil.
2. Put pesto and chicken in bowl. Toss until chicken is covered.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Place slices of tomato on top of chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake another 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve with a box of angel hair pasta and herbs and French bread.**
**I did use a box of pasta, and it was way too much - I think half a box would be sufficient!
See other recipes from this page here.
Earlier this week, I had some left over rotisserie chicken and was searching online for something to do with it, and came across this:

CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

INGREDIENTS:
2½ cupsChopped Cooked Chicken
1× 10¾ ozCondensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1× 8 ozKraft Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
1 cupBreakstone's Sour Cream, divided
¼ cupChopped Cilantro, divided
128" Flour Tortillas
1½ cupsSalsa
DIRECTIONS:
HEAT oven to 350 degrees F
MIX chicken, soup, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and 3 tablespoons cilantro until well blended. Spoon down centers of tortillas, adding about 1/4 cup to each; roll up.
PLACE, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with salsa and remaining cheese.
BAKE 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining cilantro and sour cream.
**MY NOTES: used cream of mushroom (all I had), used monterey jack cheese only (because that's what we always have on hand).  did not have cilantro, so did not use, and it was just fine ;0 did not have flour tortillas, so used corn.  Only had enough salsa for about half, so used remainder chicken mixture as topping, and it was delish!
You can go to the website where this was found, here.
Lastly, one of the blogs that I check in on from time to time is Holly Furtick.  She recently posted a pumpkin bread recipe that I couldn't pass up!  Why?!  1. I heart ALL THINGS pumpkin!!  2. Super simple and I had all ingredients on hand!  Here it is:

Pumpkin bread

  • 3 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
Mix everything together, add flour gradually at the end.
Pour into 3 greased 9 x5 loaf pans (or substitute 3 mini loafs for one of the large loaf pans).  Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to an hour (less time if using mini loaves).
Hint: I like to dust the pan with cinnamon/sugar mixture after greasing to give the crust extra sweetness.

No comments: