Friday, August 24, 2012

Swim lessons...and Em's first award

In June, Emma took a 2 week 'water awareness' class through the city.  Thankfully, it was a 2 minute drive from our house/20 minute walk BECAUSE she was so exhausted by the end of each class that she struggled to stay awake long enough to eat breakfast before going down for her noon nap ;0  You maybe saw the vid I shared from one day when she didn't quite make it through lunch ;0

On the last day of class, we were able to invite guests to watch our fun day (40 minute class) and allow them to take pics of the experience!  So, of course, inviting we did!  here are a few of the pics that were taken during the class

her newly found FAVE pool toy, the noodle ;0
and her big girl moment of the day!  
yep!  The diving board!
our wonderful instructor, Miss Haley
...she loved it so much, she wanted to do it again!
the moment that melted my heart
she got called up to go get her award!
of course, she went for the treat first ;0
and turned right to mama to give her the papers

taking this class was such a growing period for both of us.  It came right as I'd taken all 'things' out of our schedules and days that weren't focusing on our family's needs.  It was a sweet time to focus and bond with Emma, and I sincerely believe that doing this class, just the two of us, did play it's role in bonding Emma and I closer together.  She'd never really asked or looked for me to cuddle up with or be held by, that was always either Tyler or my mom before this point.  Makes me smile, as though I've been reassured, 'I do love you, mama!'  sigh...

the award moment really did make me get a huge lump in my throat.  I didn't expect a moment like this until maybe kindergarten?!  I shared it with my sis Steph and she was having some of those same feelings with her little man that day/week too!  It was a blessing to both of us to be able to share it and as much as we felt silly about our feelings, feel encouraged that the other one of us was feeling them too...just feeling like our babies are growing up (and kinda seeing their lives flash before our eyes right quick).

It's also let me give her a little independence in teh back yard and in the pool as well, which I think is good for the both fo us.

Such a sweetie.  Love this baby girl so much!  Can't believe she's two already!

1 comment:

Aunt Nell said...

So sweet!! WAY TO GO EMMA!!! What an awesome moment! Glad she loves the pool....AND the diving board!!! :) Super cute! Can't wait to see her Tutu and Tie party fotos!!

Love you 3!!!