Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What's the news

Hey all...just thought I'd throw a quick note up to explain the lack-of-posting (since I know some of you are waiting for some Hawaii pics!).

The last post was a few days before we left on vaca. Here's a rundown of our lives since we returned on 9/11.

The day after we got home, we got news that my aunt (my grandma's sister) was taking her last breaths...so we rushed to the hospital and spent her last 20 or so minutes with her. After that was funeral planning. We also had a birthday party that day (pics tbp - to be posted :) - my oh my!

The weekend following the funeral we worked Sat & Sun (ALL day) at a training that we held, then on the following Monday, I received a call that my mom was in the ER. Wednesday about midnight, after her angiogram we learned that due to positioning of the blockage they found in my mom, it was actually best to do a single bypass surgery instead of a stint. Surgery got set for Saturday morning, and we spent 10 days (between the ER arrival and the last day) in the hospital with mom.

Praise God that she's doing super well. We actually went over there for dinner tonight and we really don't see my mom being able to sit back too much longer. She's not a relaxer at all.

Also in the midst of my mom being in the hospital, my uncle whom I'd posted about early in the summer lost his battle with cancer.

It definitely has been an emotionally overwhelming month! Especially having my dad's birthday pass this last Sunday, and the anniversary of his passing coming up shortly.

Our wonderful pastor shared this verse with me last week which just made me smile (THANKS!)


Romans 5:3-5

3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
So...here we are, our FIRST 'normal' day in about 3 weeks now. It feels great to be home, and have my husband home with me (he worked this past weekend and I missed him incredibly!). I will try to start getting some pictures up!
Thanks to those that have and are still praying along side us through all this!

No comments: